Massage Putney from £35
Physio4Life Offers a Range of Massage Therapies at Our Massage Therapy Clinic in Putney
Deep Tissue Massage Putney
A medium to deep pressure massage, this treatment aims to alleviate restricted areas of muscular tension. Firm massage strokes encourage tension to be released from the body at a deeper level. a variety of techniques are used to stimulate blood flow, release muscular knots which cannot release on their own and promote healing.An advanced form of massage that uses firm, focused pressure to go beyond the surface layers of muscle.
Deep Tissue Massage is Recommended for the Relief of Deep Muscle Tension:
When there is chronic muscle tension or injury, there are usually adhesions (bands of painful, rigid tissue) in muscles, tendons, and ligaments. Adhesions can block circulation and cause pain, limited movement, and inflammation.
Deep tissue massage or ” structural integration, is a system of deep muscular massage that relieves both muscular and emotional tension which has become stuck in the body tissues. Deep tissue massage can be painful and variations in feeling and experience depends on specific thresholds for pain and discomfort. This can be considerably different in different locations of the body. Some area can be relatively painless, in fact quite pleasurable but at other parts the pain can be excruciating.
Deep tissue massage works by physically breaking down these adhesions to relieve pain and restore normal movement.
Deep tissue massage can break up and eliminate scar tissue from previous injuries. A common problem is that stressed muscles can block nutrients and oxygen from getting to where they need to go, and this will cause inflammation that allows toxins to build up in your muscle tissue. The inflammation and toxins contribute to pain and stress. Deep Tissue Massage breaks up and releases the built-up toxins by loosening the muscles. With the toxins released, blood and oxygen can circulate as they should through one’s body.
Massage Patient Reviews
I have been going to Physio4Life in Putney for more than 5 months for regular sports massage therapy and I am very satisfied with the results and the overall experience. They have as very nice facility and the therapists offer a great service.
I am pregnant with twins and suffering terrible back and pelvic pain. I recently had a 20 min massage at the Putney Funday with Erika and it was brilliant. I felt a little sore immediately afterwards but later in the day and the following day I was definitely able to move more freely. Quite apart from the actual physical benefits, it just felt good and it was relaxing and calming. Having said that, don't expect a a beauty spa relaxation massage, the pressure used was just right in my opinion. It wasn't soft at all but very firm and a little 'painful' at times but the good sort of pain (I can't find another word - those who have ever had a good sports massage will understand what I mean). I will be booking in for a full massage asap!
Top sports massage at Physio4Life - transformational. Really. Marta is hugely knowledgeable, highly professional and a superb massage therapist. I floated out feeling confident that I will be able to train well for my upcoming 10K swim. Thank you!
Sports Massage/Reflexology Massage/Hawaiian Lomi-Lomi/ Preganancy Massage Therapist
Deep tissue massage usually focuses on a specific problem, such as chronic muscle pain, injury rehabilitation, and the following conditions:
- Chronic pain
- Lower back pain
- Limited mobility
- Recovery from injuries (e.g. whiplash, falls, sports injury)
- Repetitive strain injury, such as carpal tunnel syndrome
- Postural problems
- Muscle tension in the hamstrings, glutes, IT band, legs, quadriceps, rhomboids, upper back
- Ostearthritis pain
- Piriformis syndrome
- Tennis elbow
- Muscle tension or spasm
- After a workout or bodybuilding
Sports Massage Therapy Putney
Sports Massage Therapy is Recommended for:
Pregnancy Massage Putney
While a woman is pregnant her body undergoes numerous changes physically as well as physiologically and spiritually. The physical changes can cause stress and or discomfort to the mother. Massage is a wonderful way to help alleviate many of these discomforts, as well as promotes a sense of well-being.
Benefits that a mother may experience:
- Reduces swelling in hands, feet and ankles
- Lessens sciatic pain
- Eases muscular discomforts in areas like the low back & neck, calf cramps, it also helps with tension and tightening that can be experienced throughout the body
- Tones lose muscles relaxes tense muscles and can help increase flexibility.
- Helps with relaxation which in turn can decrease insomnia
- Increases blood and lymph flow which can help increase the elimination of toxins through the circulatory and lymphatic systems, this can also help with fatigue.
- Increases oxygen in the blood, sometimes on up to 10-15% after a massage.
- Strengthens the immune system
- Stimulates the release of endorphins , the body’s natural pain killers, into the brain and nervous system.
- Helps relieve anxiety or depression
- Helps increase blood circulation, which in turn delivers more oxygen and nutrients to the mother and baby.
- Can be used during the birth as well as after making both experiences easier and more comfortable
- Eases stress mothers often feel after the birth
Manual Lymphatic Drainage (Vodder Technique) Putney
Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD) is an advanced therapy in which the practitioner uses a range of specialised and gentle rhythmic pumping techniques to move the skin in the direction of the lymph flow.
This stimulates the lymphatic vessels which carry substances vital to the defence of the body and removes waste products. The first visit will include a consultation during which the therapist will recommend the number and frequency of future sessions. Each session will last approximately one hour. Where appropriate the therapist will work in conjunction with your medical practitioner.
Expert Massage Therapist in Putney on hand to help you!
Appointments available daily
With long opening hours Physio4Life can accommodate most requests for early to late appointments Monday to Sunday.