Darren has recently completed his Masters in Physiotherapy in Brunel University London, with a prior degree in Athletic Therapy and Training in Dublin City University.
In the final year of his undergraduate degree, he was able to complete a placement in Massachusetts in the United States, gaining valuable experience working with collegiate teams in American Football and Ice Hockey. In Ireland, Darren worked as an Athletic Therapist across a number of sports including football, Gaelic football and hurling.
Darren offers a range of techniques, including trigger point release and instrument assisted soft tissue mobilisation (IASTM) which treat fascial restrictions, encourage rapid localization and effectively treat areas exhibiting soft tissue fibrosis, chronic inflammation, or degeneration. Common ailments usually aided by these techniques are:
- back pain
- golfers/tennis elbow
- plantar fasciitis
- acute/chronic ankle sprains
- myofascial pain and restrictions
- and many more
Having worked with athletes and in a gym environment, Darren has a wide knowledge of exercises used to optimise function and improve imbalances in the body. Darren believes that for treatment to be optimal, empowering the patient with knowledge and exercises is vital for achieving the best for the patient. Having also completed a course in Mental Health during the pandemic and completing a dissertation on the topic, Darren recognises the holistic approach required for overall well-being.
- Areas of specialisation are: Sports related injuries, Mechanical low back pain, Upper back and Neck pain.
- Darren is experienced with: Gym/Sport related issues, Soft tissue injuries, Shoulder pathologies and Knee injuries from acute to chronic stagees.
- Darren’s special interest: Sports medicine and Mental Health surrounding chronic pain.
- Treatment sessions incorporate: Pain relief techniques, Kinesiotherapy, Manual therapy, Exercise prescription, Therapeutic massage, Use of Modalities and Patient Education.