It’s important to understand that your feet have a direct impact on the rest of your body and support you with each and every step. Your feet are as individual as you are and they deserve the level of individual care that Physio4Life’s specialists offer. Our team is here to help you, contact us now for a Biomechanical Assessment, Running Analysis or to discuss orthotics.
Did you know:
- 25 % of the bones in the body are in your feet
- Your feet are a complex system of 52 bones, 66 joints, 214 ligaments, 38 muscles and tendons
- People put stress on their feet daily by wearing ill-fitting shoes or by walking around on feet that do not function properly
- 75% of Europeans experience foot health problems in their lifetime
- A small abnormality in foot function can have a large impact on joints higher up in the body, causing pain and discomfort to your knees, hips and lower back
- When you are running, the pressure on your feet can be three or four times body weight: Even walking can produce more pressure than the sum of total body weight
- The average person takes 8,000 to 10,000 steps a day, which adds up to about 115,000 miles in a lifetime or more than four times around the world. That is a lot of walking with ill-fitting shoes or painful feet!!
- In some cases foot ailments can be an early signal of more serious medical problems like arthritis or diabetes
- Women have four times as many foot problems as men because they have a long history of wearing high heels and/or pointed toe shoes
- Many of the problems associated with foot mechanics can be easily fixed with suitable orthotics. It is important that they are appropriate to your feet, which are as individual as you are!